Thursday, January 10, 2008

Nice title...

It's a nice title to our blog, sis. Knowing where you are is very important. It was important on that beautiful autumn evening when the muffler of your car dropped off the bottom and dragged on the pavement creating sensational sparks out behind. Sabin had just mentioned from the back seat of the old Toyota that she'd never been on that street before. I knew I was lost, but I sensed bigger trouble when your 6 year old said she was also lost. I called you and told you that I was broken down on the side of the road with your daughter.
"Which road?" you asked.
"I have no freakin' idea!" I answered.
I had thought ahead to grab the map out of your rental car that morning. And you were really planning ahead when you accidentally kept that rental car instead of returning it to Avis as they were expecting.
"Where's my map?" you asked.
"I took it." I answered.
"Why the hell did you take the map?" you asked.
The map wouldn't have done either of us any good. I didn't know where I was.
So I learned something that night. Knowing where you are is very important.

So where are you?

No comments: