countdown to pookalakka
this toothy grin will be on your doorstep (if we think broadly and consider o'hare to be within the realm of your doorstep) in a week. she's counting down the days and is very anxious to pack. we've secured prezzies for "aunt" and owen and finn.
you have to prepare yourself in a number of ways:
- practice "yo mama" routine.
- get ready to "pick a card" (what's going on in the pic above), even if it's not cards but bits of licorice that can be split into 3.
- find supply of licorice for small danish palate.
- stock up on cucumbers (bearing in mind that she ate 3 WHOLE long (english) cucumbers the other night)
- stock up on tomatoes
- stock up on cauliflower and brun sauce (this is new, tonight at aspendos) steam the broccoli (oops, i mean cauliflower) and i will send brun sauce ingredients and recipe from neighbor Else.
- rubber sheets ('nuff said) and lice treatments (we'll do our best to send her lice free, but with the other parents at school doing NADA, i can't make guarantees)
- word lists
- get ready to do fun stuff with thick, long hair
- book manicure and pedicure