- even already on the plane, it was obvious that the entire pulse of barcelona was going to be different than denmark. noisy. fast. lively. happening.
- our bags were the first 5 bags on the luggage belt. we saw this as a good sign.
- people eat really late in spain. lines a mile long outside of restaurants at 11 p.m.
- la sagrada familia--amazing. even more amazing because it's still a work in progress at 125 years. and it's more than a building. it's art.
- cities which host the olympics reap great infrastructure benefits.
- if you go into a bar called "london bar" in barcelona, it will have little or nothing to do with london.
- street performers. statues, jugglers, magicians, an old guy balancing a football on his head, medusa, edward scissorhands, gorilla in a cage, some kids with a boom box and very little talent for dancing. enterprising souls, all of them.
we enjoyed it very much and would gladly go back soon.