- South African. hands down the top. super funny and friendly flight attendant. great wine. amarula with the coffee. and you end up in cape town. what could be better?
- KLM. those collector's bottles of little amsterdam houses they hand out at the end of the flight. good movie selection.
- SAS. my "home" airline. the age of the flight attendants (they don't call it Sexy After Sixty for nothing) makes me think that i can still always fall back on that as a career if this shipping thing doesn't work out.
- Thai. they hand out orchids at the end of the flight. and that one time we got upgraded to first class--i wanted to stage an "environmental protest--" and not ever leave that environment.
- Singapore Airlines. they're only #5, tho' you would expect them to be higher, but that's because they've cut back a lot in the past year--no little goodie bags with toothbrush and such if it's not a night flight. but upstairs rocks on the 747s.
- Spanair. tho' low budget, it seems so friendly and vibrant.
- Baltic. eastern european meets scandinavian.
- Sterling. if you have to do budget, they're pretty ok.
- British Airways. would have ranked higher due to posh lotion and lip stuff in biz class bags, but the flight attendants are just so schoolmarmish.
- Lufthansa. they suck. period. the food. the service. the old planes. it all bites big time. even in business.
Monday, April 28, 2008
julie's top airline list
since i love lists, i thought i'd make a list of the top ten (memorable) airlines that i've flown in the past year or so and the reason(s) for their ranking: