Thursday, April 24, 2008

great about today

  1. the sun has been shining for like a week straight.
  2. a lovely, very old, very tiny lady i saw biking to the grocery store on a brand new very cool, very trendy shiny black bike.
  3. 150 K-2 graders dressing up as elves, trolls, knights and sorcerers and doing a role play all week down at the viking village. sabin is both elf and healer of the elves--which she does through special chants on the sideline of the battlefield.
  4. did i mention that the sun is shining?
  5. singing at the top of my lungs in the car.
  6. my pretty little wave notebook, where i now record all blog inspiration
  7. fresh coconut (i know this goes against my new local food thing, but i bought them before i decided to get serious about it and it would be a waste not to use them now).
  8. this juice for lunch: 3 small beets, 2 large carrots, 1 hunk ginger, half a fresh coconut, 2 kumquats, ½ a lemon, 2 apples.
  9. great lines from songs..."stars are just old light," and "what else can you do with seven itty bitty men..."
  10. sunshine, glorious sunshine!

2 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

Hello. I found my way to you from Tangobaby. I wanted to tell you that I love this post. Especially the part about the little old lady. I just love to people watch. People are just so interesting, aren't they? The weekend is just around the corner. Hope yours is a happy one.

julochka said...

that little old lady was just so lovely. i wish i had dared to take a picture of her, but i think she wouldn't have liked it. so, it's one of those things that i have to just keep as a picture in my head and smile when i remember it.

thank you for checking us out. :-)