Thursday, January 24, 2008

telling stories

we've entertained sabin the past couple of nights at dinner with stories from our childhood. it started out as one of those "i had to walk to school barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways..." kind of things and then became a collection of the strange thoughts we had as children.

julie: i thought that the local news people could see me from the television. i knew that not everyone on t.v. could see me, but must have had some concept of "local" which led me to believe that les and gina harding could see me. this led me to sneak behind dad's big old gold chair on my way from the bath down to the laundry room to put on clean clothes.

husband: thought that the tracks made by the ferries crossing øresund sank down to the bottom, from where they were retrieved and turned into highways.

monica: there were two different enterprise locations. one which you accessed from the front and a different one that you accessed from the back. i wonder how old she was when they became one location for her? (assuming that's happened.)

No comments: